Windshield wipers are one of the most important parts of your car - they enable you to see in harsh conditions, allowing you to travel in even the worst storms. But, did you know they are supposed to be replaced approximately once every six months to a year? As soon as you notice a difference in driving visibility, you're putting yourself in harm's way. Rapid Oil and Lube is Grand Rapid's choice for quick and professional windshield wiper installation.
Still unsure if you need new windshield wipers? Have are some common signs your current wipers are nearing the end of their use:
- Rubber problems: Is the rubber all smooth, or is it cracked, split, or broken off in places? Imperfections in the rubber means it's time for new windshield wiper blades.
- Windshield streaks or film: Streaks on your windshield, or a consistent film of grime are signs your wipers are dirty and need to be replaced.
- Chattering sounds: That awful, irritating noise wipers make when they scrape against your windshield? That's a definite sign they need to go.
- Bent frames: The metal part of your wipers can get bent or damaged for a variety of reasons, including car washes. If the frame or blade is bent, it won't come into contact with your windshield property, resulting in uneven visibility.
- Seasonal changes: Did you know there are windshield wipers specifically designed for winter conditions? Ice and snow damgae regular wiper blades much faster than those designed for these harsh conditions. Stay ahead of the game and consider replacing your windshield wipers before the seasons change!
The technicians at Rapid Oil and Lube will inspect your current windshield wipers, determine your car's unique needs based on your lifestyle, and explain your best options for windshield wiper replacements. We look forward to working with you.